The Membership Committee’s purpose is to uphold the mission and vision of NYSASCD, and to provide for the accomplishment of the strategic plan goal number two:NYSASCD membership will reflect the diversity of the State’s educational community by broadening both its membership and Board representation. In guiding the recruitment of Board members as well as general membership, considering such factors as gender, ethnicity, age, role, geography, and school/district type, NYSASCD will work to build the capacity and influence of the statewide organization.
· Assist in developing strategies for recruiting diverse members for the state association. Report on recruitment efforts at each Executive Board meeting.
· Work with the Executive Director and the NYSASCD office to monitor membership.· Analyze the attendee data from every NYSASCD program offered throughout the state, and provide recommendations to the Executive Board based on the data.
Relationship to other NYSASCD Committees/structures:
· Provide information to the program committee regarding members and professional development activity participants to assist in its decision making regarding program offerings.
· Provide information to the Vice President for Communications and Affiliate Relationsregarding members and recruiting efforts, so that the information may be shared with affiliate leaders.Job Description: The responsibilities of each member of the NYSASCD Membership Committee are to:
(1) Support and promote the Goal and the annual priorities of the Membership Committee.
(2) Take every opportunity to promote NYSASCD and to encourage others to become members of NYSASCD.
(3) Identify from the membership of NYSASCD those individuals who have the interest and potential to serve its leadership positions at either the state or local level and encourage them to consider such positions.
(4) Complete and return a short questionnaire that asks for “best guess” information on the emerging instructional, curricular and administrative priorities of local school districts.
(5) Assist in identifying possible programs and services that will entice educators to join NYSASCD and to participate in the professional learning opportunities.
(6) Analyze NYSASCD membership data to evaluate the achievement of the Membership Committee’s annual priorities and long range goal and to establish its annual priorities and measures of success.
(7) While attending NYSASCD workshops, conferences, and seminars:
-assist in gathering information from the participants via the Membership/Survey and-serve as an unofficial NYSASCD ambassador, promoting membership in NYSASCDMembers