About NYSASCDNew York State Association of Supervision & Curriculum Development
"Providing educators the tools to develop and deliver quality instructional programs and leadership practices to maximize success for all learners."
VISION STATEMENT: NYSASCD
- Is a diverse organization with a strong, representative infrastructure and ties to other professional organizations;
- Anticipates and responds to needs and issues in a timely manner;
- Provides quality, personalized, accessible and affordable professional development services that support research-based programs and practices, particularly in high need areas;
- Recognizes a responsibility to identify and communicate the views of members;
- Promotes the renewal and recognition of educators; and
- Supports the development of teachers and leaders, with an emphasis o those new to the profession.
- NYSASCD will provide research-based quality programs and resources that meet the needs of members;
- NYSASCD will ensure that NY's diverse community of learners is reflected in our programs, resources, membership and governance. Diversity will be reflected in the following ways:Board members, association members and committees are diverse in terms of gender, age ethnicity, region of the state, professional position, and years within the position, with the intention of building the capacity of the organizations
- NYSASCD will influence educational policies, practices and resources in order to increase success for all learner
- NYSASCD will create and utilize structures/tools which enable us to be flexible in our actions and responsive to the changing climate and environment within education
- To improve educational programs and supervisory practices at all levels and in all curricular fields throughout New York State.
- To help schools achieve balanced programs so that equal and quality educational opportunities are assured for all students.
- To identify and disseminate successful practices in instruction, curriculum development and supervision.
- To have a strong voice in the educational affairs of the state by working closely with the State Education Department and other educational groups across the state and nation.
- IMPACT - New York State ASCD's professional journal provides in depth background on state and local issues facing New York Educators.
- ASCDevelopments - the newsletter, furnishes timely announcements on state and local events related to curriculum and instruction.
- Regional Institutes -two or three day institutes that bring together national experts and state recognized presenters with practitioners to share ideas and promising educational practices.
- Regional Workshops - bring together recognized presenters with practitioners to share ideas and promising educational practices.
- Diverse Professional Network - enables members to share state-of-the-art resources, face challenges together, and explore new ideas
With its statewide membership NYSASCD presents unique opportunities to interact with educators who pursue excellence in the practice of teaching and learning.
New York State ASCD focuses all its activities on curriculum, instruction, leadership and assessment.
NYSASCD COMMITTEES:The Executive Board of NYSASCD has appointed a number of Committees to assist in carrying out the organization's Strategic Plan. If you are interested in serving on any of these committees either e-mail the contact person or Brian Kesel: email@example.com
- INFLUENCE COMMITTEE
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEEChairperson
Co-ChairpersonsJudy Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE
- EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR COMMITTEEChairperson